Thursday, July 28, 2011

Snips and Snails

"What are little boys made of?
Snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails
That's what little boys are made of !"



Tuesday at my Babysitting Camp, I was priveledged to have just two little 2-year-old boys. For the most part, I get an overwhelmingly large number of girls over boys and it was great to pull out the legos, matchbox cars, and trains for the morning. I love the way boys are boys, how they growl scarily with their dinosaur toys, fling cars from high heights (aka the ping pong table), and get a kick out a little bit of punch in their step (like smashing animals into each other or watching towers of blocks fall over). I thoroughly enjoyed the excitement of the two as I poured our giant bucket of stuffed animals onto their heads, smiling as they broke into little boy giggles, rolling around in the piles of fluff. They chanted to do it again so we loaded back up our bucket several times and I watched the animals tumble all around them as I poured. Boys will be boys, and we should let them!

(I got a tad bit into the legos myself!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment